I Like to Start with the Logo


Tossing around some logo ideas

Here's a couple of 1st drafts I came up with today. I like to start with a logo when I'm designing a site, or just about anything for that matter. Logos are so important. I use them to set the style of the design I'm working on, the color palette, font, text effects, etc.

These are first drafts, I'm sure I'll change them as I go along. But it's a start. I like the colors, a softer look for the primary colors. Since most of the design work I do is for children's entertainers, I tend to use primary colors a lot so I figured tey should be a part of my portfolio's look.

My original ideas involved retro and vintage images. That silly magician character from my previous post is a good example. I'd like to include a bit of that, but not the overall theme as I had originally intended. As much as I like that look, it doesn't represent what most of my designs are.

One idea which I pursued for awhile was to make the site look like the back page ad of an old comic book, selling everything from fake doggy-do to smoke pellets and of course a fair amount of cheap magic tricks. I'll keep my clip file on that, because I think it will come in handy some time for another magician looking for that type of image in their marketing materials.

Please let me know if you think I'm on the right track with the logos above. Any and all comments are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your clean and civil comments. Remember, there may be children looking at my blog since I am a childrens entertainer as well as a graphic designer.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Grand Illusions

Here is a wonderful YouTube channel about toys, optical illusions, magic tricks, and other interesting items presented by Tim Rowett in the UK.