A little tuck here, a snip there


Draft 1 from 10-3-2012

Draft 2 from 10-5-2012




Draft 1 from 10-3-2012

Draft 2 from 10-5-2012



Sometimes it's the little things

Yesterday I let the logo settle into my head, churn around in the back of mind and prepare itself to be updated. Which it was. As you can see from the before/after images, I lightened the logo a lot. It was just way too heavy. Just click the image to zoom in.

I adjusted the blue in the color palette to a lighter saturation, but I may have made it too light. When the logo is small it's kind of hard to read the word, especially the one with my photo. I'll play arond with that to fix it.

Once I got rid of the overpowering black borders, the dark blue looked too strong. I kept the outline for "Designer" dark for better visibility and to highlight the hand drawn feel of the font. It's called Caitlyn and even though it looks hand drawn it's also carefully done, letting clients know that I put a lot of attention on their projects right from the start.

The font for "Magician" and "Greg McMahan" is called Blox. I use it in my Mister Greggy logo, so I used it again to add that connection. It's a little less childish here so clients will feel they are dealing with an adult.

Of the two, I prefer the one without my photo because it's simpler. However for larger applications I can see how the logo with my photo would work well.

I will continue churning the ideas for this logo, and see what else I come up with. Looking forward to what happens!

Tomorrow I'll show you a logo I'm playing around with for the Ludlow Theatre in Ludlow, Kentucky. That's where Circus Mojo is based, and I'm also in the process of designing their website. Right now it's just an image and a few links I slapped up there until we could plan out the  rest of the site. I did not design the image there or the Circus Mojo site.

1 comment:

  1. I like all of the designs.

    Here is my suggestions. Draft 2 from 10-5-2012 is the best but I would add a smaller drop shadow back in.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your clean and civil comments. Remember, there may be children looking at my blog since I am a childrens entertainer as well as a graphic designer.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Grand Illusions

Here is a wonderful YouTube channel about toys, optical illusions, magic tricks, and other interesting items presented by Tim Rowett in the UK.