Customization project for Kyle Groves

Learn Magic with the Party People!

From Kyle Groves theater in Colorado.
I just finished customizing a Learn Magic book for Kyle Groves, it will be available on Amazon in a day or two. He also needed a logo. I enjoy designing logos.

UPDATE! The stores are live now...

CreateSpace

Amazon


Kyle and his father "Mr. E", run a really nice little theater in Pueblo, Colorado. It's a great idea for an event facility. Check it out... www.ColoradoMagician.com

He wanted a logo that was classy and fun. Kyle sent a lot of photos to me via DropBox. I was looking thru them getting ideas when I saw this photo.

That was a big help. I quickly came up with this logo...




Here's my thoughts about it.

I saw the valance above their stage and it dawned on me, that’s a centerpiece of their theater, it’s looks classy, and people will associate that with his show and theater.

I used colors from the photo so the logo coordinated with the color palette of the room. The wiggled letter “a” in “party" implies fun and energy. Google uses a similar technique in their logo with the letter “e”. The 8 sided stars in the letter “P“ are directly from his valance as well. I didn’t want to line them up in the red border, it would have made the image too “busy”. But they are distinctive enough to use because people will also associate that with the theater as well.

Kyle liked it, and the cover design I did for him.
 
Cover back and front. Click to embiggen.


Throughout the book I add photos of Kyle and his dad Mr. E, who perform together, helping out the young magician reader with hints and tips. Here's a sample.

The website URL is inserted into every page.
I also designed a sign to advertise the book. It's basically an altered cover design.

Click to embiggen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your clean and civil comments. Remember, there may be children looking at my blog since I am a childrens entertainer as well as a graphic designer.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Grand Illusions

Here is a wonderful YouTube channel about toys, optical illusions, magic tricks, and other interesting items presented by Tim Rowett in the UK.