Stage Curtains & Steampunk Stuff

Stage curtain information

Click here to check it out yourself

I used a great program called Hype from Tumult. It makes it really easy to create web animations without using flash.

On a totally different subject, I'm a big fan of Steampunk. My usual reply, when asked what's steampunk is "It's what the past would have been like if the future had happened earlier". Sometimes this will suffice, but I recently discovered a great video featuring one of my favorite entertainers Professor Elemental. For me, this video describes steampunk much better than I ever could. Check it out...






It's the whimsical, gadget filled part of steampunk that I just love!

The professor's most well known video is probably Cup of Brown Joy

Years ago I spent a lot of time on Second Life, a virtual world that's very popular. I discovered steampunk there, in "places" called Caledon and New Babbage among others. I built a lot of virtual stuff, which I sold with the hope of becoming wealthy. That didn't happen, but I did have a lot of fun.

I still visit Second Life now and then, and use it's 3D modeling tools to create images I may need for various projects. All the stuff I made earlier I now give away as full-perm freebies. Full perm means the recipients have full editing permission and can do whatever they want with the items, including selling them.

If you're a resident of SL, send me an instant message next time you're in-world and I'll send you all my best creations to use as you wish. Here's an image of one of my favorite items, the "Cavorite Repulsion Chamber"



Click to see full size version

It's a steampunk bounce-house. When the avatar goes inside, via the really cool spring loaded platform, they begin bouncing all around accompanied by great sound effects. If you're a resident of SL, I look forward to meeting you in-world. My avatar name is "Mr Greggan".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your clean and civil comments. Remember, there may be children looking at my blog since I am a childrens entertainer as well as a graphic designer.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Grand Illusions

Here is a wonderful YouTube channel about toys, optical illusions, magic tricks, and other interesting items presented by Tim Rowett in the UK.